In order to create a safe, enjoyable experience for all of our guests, the Canton Civic Center has implemented the following security policies:
All Guests are Subject to Search
All bags will be searched upon entry. Backpacks and bags larger than 12" x 6" x 12" are not permitted.
In the event that prohibited items are revealed during a search, the guest will be permitted to return to their vehicle with the item or the item will be confiscated. Canton Civic Center will not safeguard any personal belongings or items of any type. Canton Civic Center management has the sole right to determine the type of pre-event screening including but not limited to bag search, wands, pat-downs.
The following items are prohibited in the arena:
- Weapons of any kind including concealed carry weapons, knives, mace, blades, tools or replicas of any prohibited items
- Large Banners and Flags: Spectators are not permitted to use or wave flags, banners, signs or other items that are affixed to any pole or stick.
- No signs, posters, or messages on messages on any garment with advertisements, explicit language, profanity, or derogatory characterization directed toward any person
- Selfie-sticks/ Poles, Missile-like objects that can be thrown
- Whistles and horns
- Optical Illusions (items intended to create optical illusions or interfere with the ability of the eye to perceive depth or distance such as pin wheels or umbrellas)
- I-Pads, tablets or laptop computers
- Outside food and beverage. Should you need to bring food to an event for medical reasons, please call 330-489-3090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Wrapped gifts of any kind
- Laser pens for products of any type
- Mace or pepper spray
- Beach balls
- Bats and clubs
- Aerosol Cans
- Bags larger than 12"x6"x12"
- Airhorns or noise makers of any type
- Drones or any other model aircraft
- Hazardous materials
- Illegal substances
- Hoverboards (self-balancing scooters)
- Strollers are discouraged and will need to be checked in with guest services.
- Illegal substances
- Any other items deemed inappropriate by SMG and the Canton Civic Center.
Security Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What if I have a concealed/carry permit?
The Canton Civic Center is a facility owned by the City of Canton. Fans entering the Canton Civic Center will not be allowed to carry concealed or unconcealed weapons. Section 2923.126 (B)(9) of the Ohio Revised Code does not authorize the licensee to carry a concealed handgun in any building that is a government facility of this state or political subdivision of this state and that is not a building that is used primarily as a shelter, restroom, parking facility for motor vehicles, or rest facility and is not a courthouse or other building or structure in which the courtroom is located that is subject to division (B)(3).
What if I have a pacemaker?
Extensive research has found no information that would indicate that the use of metal detector wands have adverse effects on medical devices (such as pacemakers) or magnetic recording media. However, directives by physicians and medical device manufacturers regarding metal detectors should be followed. If you are not comfortable with the metal detector wand please inform security where you may be required to consent to a physical pat down.
What if I am an expectant mother?
Extensive research has found no information that would indicate the metal detector wands in use have adverse effects on pregnancy. However, directives by physicians regarding metal detectors should be followed. If you are not comfortable with the metal detector wand please inform security where you may be required to consent to a physical pat down.
What if I have a hip replacement or other metals in body?
It is safe for metal detector wands to be used, however, guests with medical circumstances who prefer a pat-down screening may request such accommodation. When entering the arena please inform security staff in advance of any medical conditions prior to the screening.
What steps can I take to get into the arena quickly?
Arrive early and be prepared! Have your ticket out and ready to be scanned. Removable items should be out of your pockets and ready to be placed on the search table. Have your bags open and ready to be searched when you reach the search table. Avoid bringing large bags if possible. Follow instructions from security and staff.
What is the policy for children?
Children are subject to screening, however, parents with an infant may carry the baby. Parents who are attending with small children who are able to walk on their own are invited to proceed through the screening alongside their children.